We are pleased to announce Mr. Beeke’s appointment to a new role as Maple Leaf’s Superintendent of Global Education. He served the previous two years as Superintendent of BC Programs in China. Mr. Beeke will oversee educational programs, standards and leadership in new Maple Leaf schools in Canada and other countries.
Mr. Beeke will also continue to serve as:
- Executive Director/Vice President: China Maple Leaf Educational Systems Board of Directors
- Liaison: BC Ministry of Education for Maple Leaf Schools
- Special Advisor to the Chairman
- Coordinator of special projects as requested by the Chairman or Board, e.g. to currently supervise and coordinate the development of Maple Leaf Student Workbooks to fit international student needs for several high school courses
Mr. Beeke’s previous experience includes:
- Served 2 years as Deputy Inspector and 7 years as the Inspector of Independent Schools: Ministry of Education—Province of British Columbia, Canada. As Inspector, Mr. Beeke administered the Independent School Act on behalf of the Minister of Education. This position included the inspecting and certifying of more than 350 schools and the issuing of provincial funding to eligible schools. The Inspector also was responsible for such items as the issuance, suspension and revocation of Ministry of Education independent school teacher certificates; provincial home-schooling policies; independent school distributed learning (electronic/distance-delivered) programs; and British Columbia’s offshore school certification program.
- Served 4 years in the People’s Republic of China as Superintendent of Maple Leaf Schools that deliver British Columbia, Canada — certified K-12 programs.
- 21 years of experience as a school principal—including both elementary (K-9) and high school (10-12).
- 25 years of teaching experience in grades 4-12, in public and independent schools.
- Authored 7 published textbooks for elementary and high school students, and several articles for different periodicals.
- Written 6 Ministry of Education Reports analyzing six different curricula.
- Earned Bachelor of Arts (in Education) and Master of Arts (in Educational Administration) degrees from Western Michigan University.
- Spoken at numerous conventions, conferences and professional development workshops in British Columbia, Canada, USA, China and more.
- Received several awards including Certificates of Recognition from British Columbia’s Minister of Education, the Education Consul: Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver and the People’s Government of Liaoning Province, China.
- 5 years of educational consultant work in BC, Ontario, the USA and internationally as President of Signum International Educational Services, Inc.