We are pleased to welcome Mrs. Jacalyn (Jackie) Kersey as Maple Leaf’s Deputy Superintendent of Schools: BC Programs, commencing August 15, 2017.
Mrs. Kersey brings a wealth of previous experience to the position, including: Bachelor of General Studies from Simon Fraser University, Professional Development Program in Education at Simon Fraser University, and a Master of Education in Administration and Leadership from the University of Alberta.
- 11 years of teaching experience in British Columbia
- 12 years of principal and vice principal experience at both elementary (K-7) and secondary (8-12) levels in British Columbia public schools
- Service on committees setting School District directions in budget, assessment and curriculum.
- Planning and Implementation of new BC curriculum at the School District level, including Core Competencies, Applied Design and Skills and Technology, Aboriginal content, Inquiry, Career education, Physical Health education, and content curriculum.
- Secondment to the School District in order to assess and develop directions for Career Education at school and District levels.
- Member of the British Columbia Principal’s and Vice Principal’s Association and an organizer and facilitator of professional development opportunities for British Columbia Principal’s and Vice Principals.
- Member of the Network of Performance Based Schools and Aboriginal Enhancement Schools Network for 7 years. Presenter at the Network Symposium 2017.
- Jackie’s husband is a British Columbia teacher/administrator working with Maple Leaf as well and Jackie is the proud mother of three children.